Background

Friday, May 14, 2010

Wal-Mart Trip (May 14)

I ran to Wal-Mart today because we desperately needed some bottled water, and I also had some coupons that were about to expire that I wanted to use. I have to admit that it wasn't the greatest shopping trip, but I was still able to buy everything pictured below, and only spend...



$8.65! I saved $25.57...almost 75%

Here's how I did it (and how you can too if you have the coupons):

4 boxes of Capri SunRise Juice Pouches $1.97 each (Just the other day these were priced at $1.86, I guess I should have bought them then. :)
-used 4 coupons for $1.00 off Capri SunRise Juice Pouches (from 4/25 SmartSource insert)
Final Price: $3.88 (or $0.97 each)

2 gallons of Great Value Water $0.74 each
Final Price: $1.48


1 box of Post Raisin Bran Cereal $2.12
-used coupon for $2.00 off Post Cereal (found here)
Final Price: $0.12

4 packages of McCormick Taco Seasoning $0.50 each
-used 4 coupons for $1.00 off McCormick Seasoning (found in 4/25 RedPlum insert)
Final Price: FREE (plus $2.00 overage)

2 bottles of Hunt's Ketchup $0.92 each
-used coupon for $1.00 off 2 (found in April All You magazine)
Final Price: $0.84 (or $0.42 each)

2 bottles of Heinz Ketchup $1.00 each
Final Price: $2.00


4 bottles of Hidden Valley FarmHouse Originals Salad Dressing $2.58 each
-used 4 coupons for $2.00 off FarmHouse Salad Dressing (found in 3/14 SmartSource insert)
Final Price: $2.32 (or $0.58 each)

1 bottle of Country Bob's Barbecue Sauce $2.64
-used coupon for FREE Barbecue Sauce (was mailed to me
Final Price: FREE

2 bottles of Biore Facial Scrubs $1.97 each
-used 2 coupons for $2.00 off Biore Products (found here)
Final Price: FREE (plus $0.06 overage)

All in all I spent $8.65...I have to admit I was a little disapointed in the total. I didn't feel like I bought very much today, but then I realized that I would have spent close to that much on the Capri Suns alone without coupons. Isn't it funny how your point of view changes on the cost of items once you start using coupons. I would not have thought twice about spending almost $35.00 on what I bought before I started using coupons, and now I feel like $8.00 and change is too much. :)

1 comment:

  1. Instead of buying water by the jug, do you know about the BYOB store? Water is 25c/gal, and they come to your car to get jugs and bring them back. Just thought I'd share...

    ReplyDelete