Background

Friday, May 14, 2010

Compare Prices!!

I went shopping at Wal-Mart and Albertsons this morning (I'll be posting about those trips a little later today), but I wanted to write up this post first before I forget. I needed to buy some ketchup today (I had a coupon for Hunt's ketchup that expires soon). Albertsons has their ketchup on sale this week, but I wanted to compare the price at Wal-Mart first. I was expecting it to be priced around the same as Albertsons, but you never know. I started comparing the prices and I was a little surprised. At Wal-Mart the 13.5 oz. bottle of Hunt's ketchp was priced at $0.98, but the 24 oz. bottle was priced at $0.92...I thought there must be a mistake, so I price checked them...and those were the right prices. Then I started looking around at the Heinz ketchup prices...20 oz. bottle of Heinz ketchup was $1.63, but the 40 oz. bottle was only $1.00. I'm just writing this to remind all of you to check and compare prices...who would think that a bigger bottle would be cheaper.

Oh, and I ended up buying the 40 oz. Heinz ketchup even though I didn't have a coupon. $1.00 was too good a price to pass up...especially with all the hotdogs/hamburgers that we'll be having over the next few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment