Background

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Issues with Internet Coupons at HEB


Just a quick note before I start the coupon match up. There have been several incidents where people have not been able to use internet coupons at HEB. HEB's coupon policy says that they will accept internet coupons, but if the internet coupons do not scan properly they will not take them. This is kind of a hassle because as a shopper you never know if the internet coupon will be accepted or not. This happened to me last week...I had two internet coupons, one was accepted and one was denied. The cashier could not tell me why some coupons will scan and others won't. I'm saying this because I am not 100% sure that the coupons that I will be listing from the internet will scan correctly at HEB since I have not tried all of these deals myself. If your coupons don't scan properly don't be afraid to tell the cashier that you don't want the product if they won't accept the coupon...it might take a little longer during checkout, but if you are only buying the product because you thought you'd be getting a good deal with the coupon, don't feel like you are stuck buying the product without the coupon. I hope that is clear and hopefully all of the coupons for this week's ad will scan with no problem and this will not be an issue for anyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucrecia,

    H-E-B just updated their coupon policy and I wanted to inform you first about the changes. I hope this helps when shopping at H-E-B.

    Here are the details below:

    H-E-B accepts the following types of coupons:
    • Manufacturer issued coupons obtained from printed publications (newspaper, FSI, magazines, etc)
    • HEB Issued coupons
    o Manufacturer-sponsored coupons (Type M coupon; has an ‘M’ in bottom left corner)
    o Store-sponsored coupons (Type S Coupon; has an ‘S’ in the bottom left corner)
    o Big Savings coupons (Type B coupons; has a ‘B’ in the bottom left corner)
    o The above mentioned H-E-B issued coupons are typically
     Available at store level and typically yellow in color
     Generated by a coupon printer at the register and provided with customer receipt
     Distributed via direct mail to customer households or other printed publications
    • Printable coupons with a bar code (i.e. Online or Internet coupons)

    -Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig
    Thanks for the informations that you provided!
    I have looked at the HEB Coupon Policy, and it clearly states that they should accept internet/online coupons with bar codes. My local HEB will not accept the coupon if it doesn't scan properly. This is very frustrating for me (and other shoppers) because when we go to check out we never know what coupons will be accepted. These same coupons that HEB will not accept are accepted at other local stores without any questions being asked at all. I try to be as educated about coupons and store policies as I can. I want to save as much as I can, but I also want the store to get reimbursed for all the coupons that they take. Is there anyway to know before checking out what coupons will be accepted? I have to be honest, I put a lot of time and effort preparing my shopping list and coupons, and it is frustrating for me when my coupons are not accepted. Any feedback you have about this issue would be greatly appreciated!!
    Lucrecia

    ReplyDelete