Background

Monday, May 17, 2010

Shopping Trip

I went shopping today because I wanted to buy some chicken breasts that are on sale at Albertsons for $1.68/lb. (the sale ends tomorrow). I stopped at Walgreens, Target, and Albertsons. I bought everything pictured below, and spent...



$34.67...yes my total is a bit higher than normal, but that is because I bought 15 lbs. of chicken breasts. The chicken alone cost $25.20...so less than $10.00 for everything else!! I saved $150.28...a savings of 81%!! Oh, and I still have a $5.00 gift card from Target that I received today!!

Here's what I bought:

Albertsons:
15 lbs. of chicken breast
4 French's mustard
4 Tabasco Sauce
3 Steamfresh Veggies
4 Sunny D Juices

Walgreens:
2 Gillette Body Washes
2 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaners

Target:
4 Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-a-Clean
4 Carefree Pantiliners
3 Nivea Body Wash for Women
3 Dove Deodorants
6 gallons of water

I was down to no chicken in my freezer, so I REALLY needed it. I've been able to stock up on ground turkey (remember when it was on sale for $1.00/lb.), ground beef, and now chicken over the last few weeks. I'm hoping that I won't have to buy meat for at least 2 months...hold off until the next GREAT sale!

How are your stockpiles looking? I have enough meat and veggies to last a while, but my cereal stockpile is starting to dwindle...down to only 24 boxes. That might sound like a lot, but won't last a full month at our house. I'm hoping that I can find a good deal in the next couple of weeks, but if not at least I won't have to worry about buying meats, veggies, AND cereal like I would if I hadn't been stocking up on those items.

1 comment:

  1. Molly and I enjoyed running into you while shopping yesterday. We are still learning, and having fun while doing it. Yesterday my total was $26.01 and I saved $131.54. Thanks for all of your help!! Amber Andrews :)

    ReplyDelete