Background

Monday, May 17, 2010

May Spending (Week 2)

I have to say that since I started getting serious about saving money with coupons that I have so much fun when I go grocery shopping!! I used to dread going shopping because I knew that I would go to the store and spend a whole lot of money on what seemed like just a few bags of groceries. Now I leave the store with a lot more than I used to and for a fraction of the cost.

Here's my rundown of this week's grocery shopping (remember my grocery budget includes all cleaning supplies, toiletries, medicines, and food):

Spent: $51.07

Saved: $268.78 (That's a savings of 84%!!!)

I remember telling my husband a couple of months ago that I'd love to get our grocery expenses down to $50 a week, but that I didn't think it was possible with a family of five...I think I'm getting close to being there. Some weeks I am under $50, and others a little over...but I am just amazed at how much how our grocery budget has shrunk in just a few months time!!

How are all of you doing? Remember to start where you are and don't give up...any amount of savings is better than none at all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment