Background

Friday, May 21, 2010

Coupon Policy for Commissary

In April I was invited to speak about coupons to the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group that I attend. Today was our last meeting of the year. For some reason it hit me today that a lot of the ladies in my MOPS group have husbands in the military, and they must do a lot of grocery shopping at the commissary on base. I never even thought to research the commissary coupon policy since I never shop there, but thought it might be helpful for those of you who do. Please keep in mind that since I have never shopped there or talked to anyone who works there I have no first hand knowledge of how they are towards coupon shoppers. I will provide you with the information that I have found and will leave it up to those of you who shop at the commissary to take it from there.

Go here to read the coupon policy taken directly from their website.

Also, as I was researching this, I came upon the Commissary Facebook Page. This was taken directly from a status update that was posted on their page:

Defense Commissary Agency: Did you know we accept manufacturer coupons that have a Walgreens Register Rewards, Kroger, Target and other retailer’s logo on them? Yes – as long as the coupon verbiage does not limit redemption solely to those stores. Each coupon must be individually evaluated to ensure it states it is a manufacturer coupon and doesn’t limit its use solely to the retailer advertised, the commissary can accept it.

If you want to read it for yourself, go here. It was a status update several hours ago, so you might have to scroll down the page a bit depending on when you are reading this.

Based on that statement, it sounds like they should accept your Register Rewards from Walgreens. Like I said before, I have no first hand knowledge of if this works or not. If you shop at the commissary and want to use your Register Rewards, I would print off the commissary's coupon policy and go to their Facebook page and print off the Status update from above. Take both of those to customer service and see what they say. There is the possibility that they might tell you they don't accept them, but if it were me, I would question them a bit (nicely of course) and ask why it says they do on their Facebook page.

I would LOVE to hear feedback on this. Since I can't go and check it out myself, I would love to hear from some of you if it actually worked!! How exciting to be able to use your Register Rewards at the commissary to lower your grocery bill!!

Thanks Hip 2 Save for the information about the Commissary Facebook Page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment