Background

Monday, June 14, 2010

Walgreens Trip (June 14)

I made a quick trip to Walgreens tonight. I started out with no register rewards...most of the time I take the register rewards that I earn and use them at Albertsons to help lower my grocery bill, so I usually start out with zero register rewards. I bought everything pictured below and spent:



$1.89!! I also bought 5 Butterfingers and gave them to the lady behind me in line!! Did you know that when the cashiers at Walgreens try to sell you small items next to the register that they get a tiny commission off of them? Tonight the cashier asked if I'd like to buy Butterfingers...he was so friendly that I decided to give back a little to him by buying some (even though no one in my family eats them). Gave a little to him and to the lady behind me in line...spread the love :)

I had to do two different transactions at Walgreens tonight.

Transaction #1:

-4 Reach Toothbrushes (I won't go into all of the details about what coupons I used, but if you are interested read the post I just did about this deal)
-1 Nivea Body Wash for Men
used coupon for $3.00 off Nivea Body Wash (found in 5/2 RedPlum insert)
-4 Sure for Women Deodorants (I had a raincheck from a previous sale, and with coupons was able to get all 4 of them FREE)
-1 Skippy Peanut Butter
-1 Butterfinger Candy Bar

Total for Transaction #1: $0.36 AND I received a $6.00 Register Reward

Transaction #2:

-4 Reach Toothbrushes
-1 Nivea Body Wash for Men
-1 Skippy Peanut Butter
-4 Butterfinger Candy Bars

Total for Transaction #2: $1.53 AND I received a $6.00 Register Reward

Total for both transactions was $1.89. I saved $61.09 and have $12 in Register Rewards to help out on my next trip to buy groceries at Albertsons, or to put towards more deals at Walgreens!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, just wanted to let you know that your couponing skills are awesome! I don't know how you keep up with it! I have a question, what are register rewards and how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete