Background

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Albertsons Shopping Trip (June 16)

I mentioned in my Albertsons Ad Match Up that I didn't see a lot of good deals advertised in this week's ad. I wanted to see if I could find any deals that weren't advertised. I bought everything pictured below and spent...



$4.05. I broke my trip up into three different transactions so I would be able to use three different Register Rewards that I had. An important thing to note...not all Albertsons will accept Register Rewards. I talked to the front end manager at the Albertsons on College Hills and she said that they may not be allowed to accept them any more. She said that some people who are higher up in the Albertsons chain are questioning them. She copied the Albertsons coupon policy that was emailed to me, and said that she will email it to her bosses. She said that in the next week she should have more answers for us. In the meantime, she allowed me to use all of my Register Rewards today. I just want you to be prepared in case your Register Rewards are questioned. I'll keep you updated as I learn more about this.

On to the break down of my shopping trip...look through your coupons and see if you can do some of these same deals!

Transaction #1:

1 loaf of Albertsons bread $1.00
2 3 Musketeers Candy Bars $0.50 each

-used 2 coupons for $0.25 off one 3 Musketeers Candy Bar (found in 5/16 RedPlum insert)(these were doubled)
4 bottles of Hunt's Ketchup $1.00 each
-used 4 coupons for $0.20 off Hunt's Ketchup (found in 5/16 SmartSource insert)(these were tripled)
4 packages of Wacky Mac Pasta $1.49 each
-used 4 coupons for $0.50 off Wacky Mac Pasta (found in 5/16 SmartSource insert)(these were doubled)
2 cans of Chicken of the Sea Tuna $0.79 each
-used 2 coupons for $1.00 off Chicken of the Sea product (these coupons came from Liking Chicken of the Sea on Facebook...no longer available)
4 packages of Mahatma Rice $1.39 each
-used 4 coupons for $0.50 off Mahatma Rice (found in 4/25 RedPlum insert)(these were doubled)

I also used a $6.00 Register Reward.
Final Price for Transaction #1: $0.72 (I just realized that they didn't take off one of my Hunt's coupons...my total should have been $0.12...oh well :)

Transaction #2:

1 loaf of Albertsons Bread $1.00
3 packages of Mahatma Rice $1.39 each

-used 3 coupons for $0.50 off Mahatma Rice (found in 4/25 RedPlum insert (these were doubled)
1 bottle of Hunt's Ketchup $1.00
-used coupon for $0.20 off Hunt's Ketchup (found in 5/16 SmartSource insert) (this was tripled)
1 package of Wacky Mac Pasta $1.49
-used coupon for $0.50 off Wacky Mac Pasta (found in 5/16 SmartSource insert) (this was doubled)
3 boxes of Kellogg's Cinnabon Cereal $1.49 each
-used coupon for $1.50 off three boxes of Kellogg's Cereal

I also used a $6.00 Register Reward.
Total for Transaction #2: $0.11 ($0.08 of that was tax :)

Transaction #3:

2 boxes of Post Raisin Bran $1.49 each
-used coupon for $1.00 off two boxes of Post Raisin Bran Cereal (found inside a box of cereal)
2 boxes of General Mills Honey Nut Chex $1.49 each
-used coupon for $1.00 off 2 boxes of select General Mills cereal (found here)
18 Yakisoba Meals $0.69 each (If you haven't had these think super amped up Ramen noodles...we don't eat food like this very often, but like having some in the house for days when I am not feeling well or just don't have time to cook>)
-used 9 coupons for $1.00 off 2 Yakisoba products (found in 5/16 SmartSource insert)
2 pounds of Grapes $1.84

I also used a $6.00 Register Reward.
Total for Transaction #3: $3.22

I spent a total of $4.05 and saved $78.57 (a savings of around 95%). Even though Albertsons actual ad doesn't look too great this week, if you take you coupons into the store and look around you should still be able to find some GREAT deals!!

Side note...I did this trip with three boys (one who missed his nap today :) I made sure to take snacks and had to take a few quick trips to the water fountain and toy aisle, but if you are able to leave your kids at home you might find some even better deals!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment