Background

Friday, August 20, 2010

CVS Trip (August 20)

I have not been shopping at CVS in the longest time!! We had such a large stockpile of toiletries, that I haven't even been looking at the CVS or Walgreens ads lately. Over the summer I gave away a large portion of our stockpile to friends and family, so I thought it might be a good idea to get back into the drug stores!! I still have at least a 6 month supply of most of our toiletries, but I have to admit that I miss going in to Walgreens and CVS and coming out with bags of stuff for under a dollar. Over the summer months, all of my Extra Care Bucks and Register Rewards expired, so I am starting off with $0.00 to help lower my out of pocket expenses.

I ran to CVS this afternoon and bought everything pictured below. I spent...



$1.96 and received $10.00 in Extra Care Bucks for my next trip!! If I had Extra Care Bucks to start out with, then I would have been able to buy more items for less money, but I had to start fresh!

The good news is that if you don't have any Extra Care Bucks to start with, you might be able to do the same deals that I did today.

I only did one transaction today. Here's how I did it:

I received an email from CVS with a coupon for $5.00 off a $25.00 purchase. Remember that with these coupons, you must reach $25.00 BEFORE coupons and sales tax. When I got to CVS, I scanned my card under the red kiosk and a coupon for $5.00 off a $15.00 purchase printed out. I asked the manager if I could use both coupons at the same time. She said as long as I handed the $5.00 off $25.00 coupon first, followed by the $5.00 off $15.00 coupon I could use them. (Note, when I went to check out the computer only accepted one of the coupons...the manager had to be called and she manually entered the second coupon.)

Gillette ProFusion Razor $9.99 (received $5.00 ECB)
-used coupon for $4.00 off Gillette ProFusion Razor (found in 8/1 Proctor and Gamble insert)
Final Price: $5.99

Dawn Hand Renewal Detergent $0.97
-used coupon for $1.00 off (found in HomeMade Simple Coupon Book)
Final Price: FREE (plus $0.03 overage)

2 Glide Dental Floss $3.49 each (received $2.50 ECB for each one I bought...total $5.00 ECB)
-used 2 coupons for $1.00 off any Glide Dental Floss (found in 8/1 Proctor and Gamble insert, also found in package of toothpaste)
Final Price: $4.98

2 Right Guard Total Defense Deodorant $4.49 each (on sale Buy one Get one FREE)

-used coupon for Buy one Right Guard get one FREE (found in 7/25 RedPlum insert)
Final Price: TWO for FREE
(Note, this is the FIRST time that CVS has allowed me to use a Buy one Get one FREE coupon with a Buy one Get one FREE sale. The coupon went through with no beeps, so I'm not sure if our local store has a new policy or I had a GREAT cashier.)

2 Right Guard Total Defense Deodorant $3.29 each (on sale Buy one Get one FREE)
-used coupon for $3.00 off two (found here)
Final Price: $0.29

3 individual bags of M&Ms $0.89 each (on sale Buy two Get one FREE)
-used coupon for $1.00 off three M&Ms (I can't remember what insert I found this coupon)
-ALSO used CVS coupon for $0.50 off two individual bags of M&Ms or Snickers (printed from the CVS red kiosk in store)
Final Price: $0.28

PLUS I had $10.00 deducted from my CVS coupons mentioned above.


Final Price: $1.96 PLUS I received $10.00 in Extra Care Bucks. I saved $38.98 with in store promotions, sales, and coupons!!

I can't wait to roll my Extra Care Bucks next week!!

If you are interested in any of the above deals, please remember that these sale prices are good through Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lucrecia ... yes, our CVS won't let you use 2 of $'s off purchase. Like you can't use the $5 off $25 with a $4 off $20. I even got a coupon for $4 off a $10 Revlon purchase and they wouldn't let me use that with a $4 off $20. I was a little disappointed, but, oh well.

    They told me the only way you can use them together is if I spend $10 for the Revlon and then I spend another $20 ... $30 altogether. Make sense? Then they will use both coupons.

    I can still get really good deals that way though ... not too bad.

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete