Background

Friday, August 20, 2010

Clothes Shopping...UGH!!

I have not purchased new clothes for my boys in the LONGEST time. (Not including school uniforms) I usually like to buy their clothes for the next year at the end of the season sales from the current year. I decided to run to the mall to look for some good deals today, and I was SO disappointed. I don't know if it is our local mall, or if the current styles are just not what I like. It seems like almost all the shirts I saw on clearance had large skulls and crossbones on them, or sayings that I don't want my boys to be wearing..."I'm with stupid," "I'm not listening to you," etc. I just think those shirts are really disrespectful. The denim shorts that I found had holes/rips in them, or they already looked dirty. My boys get holes in their clothes on their own, I don't need to buy them with holes already in them! (Okay, I think I am sounding like my mom! :)

My boys REALLY are in need of new clothes. I didn't buy them any new summer clothes last year. It has been two years since they've had new clothes, and there is no way that they will be able to fit in their summer clothes next year. I refuse to pay full price for clothes...I couldn't believe some of the prices...$40.00 for a T-shirt for kids, NO WAY!!

Do any of you have a hard time finding clothes for your boys? I say boys, because it seems like there were 2 to 3 times as many clothes for girls to choose from.

I might just need to convince my husband that we need to go out of town to find some good deals...don't know if he would agree to that. Spending money on gas and a day trip would kind of negate any good deals we found on clothes, right?

For those of you who live in San Angelo, where is the best place to find clothes for boys? I walked through the mall...Children's Place, Sears, JC Penney, Dillards, and I also went to Ross. I'll probably check Wal-Mart and Target next week. So far I've been really disappointed. Do you think a shopping road trip is in order?

5 comments:

  1. Hey! A while back Children's Place had really good prices on boys clothes ... but I guess that has come and gone. I took the girls into the mall Friday and didn't find anything either. Nothing we just "had" to have. We've got enough to get us by ... I think some of their long sleeve shirts will still fit them from last year. Even looked at Dillards ... but found nothing worth spending the money for. I usually always can find something at Children's Place ... maybe they'll get more out the closer it gets to fall. Did you look on-line with Children's Place? It would be worth paying the shipping if you can find some good sale items for next summer. I'm all set on jeans for Katelyn for the fall/winter ... just have to get some for Karalee girl!! (slim fit!) I need to check out Kohl's ... hey, you could come and go shopping with me!!! We might get locked in the store!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucrecia, I just looked at Children's Place on-line ... I saw some cute t-shirts, short and long sleeves under "sale" for $6 to $10 ea. I saw some with yucky designs, but saw some really cute ones, too. Saw a cute long sleeve red t-shirt with a pair of tennis shoes on it. One just says "t-shirt" ... I think those were $6 each. FYI!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the sayings and skull and cross bones on all the boy clothing. It was really had for me to find clothes that were not "offensive" (to me, anyway) for school this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get Christian's clothes mostly at Target and Walmart at this point. He just wears T-shirts and gym shorts most of the time anyway. That may not work for us when he gets to be your boys' age, but for now I'm sticking to it. Just a reminder that the JBF sale will be coming up in October too. However, a shopping trip out of town is a great idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the crossbones and skulls, I can't stand it. They even have some on girls clothing. I try to buy for the next year at the end of a season as well. I usually find somthing at Dillards when they have an additional 30-40% off reduced merchandise (makes it more affordable). We also shop at Kohls. Look at Kohl's site for clearance items. Target and Wal-Mart also have semi-descent end of season clearance (it goes very quickly). - Tammy B.

    ReplyDelete