Background

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Brand Loyalty

I remember going to the grocery store with my mom when I was younger and looking at all the colorful boxes of cereal. I would want her to buy the colorful boxes of Fruity Pebbles or any box of cereal that promised a toy inside. More often than not, my mom would steer the shopping cart over to the store brand of cereals and choose from there. As a child, I was convinced that there was something that would taste better about the name brand cereal.

I know many people who have a specific brand of products that they buy, and they never waiver from that. You might go to a certain person's house and know that you will always find Gandy's Milk, Kraft Cheese, Blue Bell Ice Cream, Charmin Toilet Paper, and the list could go on and on. It might be that way at your house. I want to encourage you to branch out a little bit and try new things!!

I've mentioned before that if you want to cut your grocery budget down, you need to use coupons and combine them with sales to stock up on items at rock bottom prices. This usually means that there will be items on sale that might not be a brand that you are familiar with. If you are loyal to only one brand of products, it will be a lot harder for you to start noticing a change in your grocery budget. Yes, you can use coupons on the brands you normally buy, but you will be missing out on trying new things and drastically cutting back your expenses.

I will say that there are a couple of items that our family is loyal to...Philadelphia Cream Cheese (other brands just don't taste near as good) and Blue Bell Ice Cream (I will buy other brands, but nothing is better than Blue Bell!!) Every other item that we purchase is based on price, not brand.

Don't be afraid to branch out and try something new. You'll be able to try new things AND save money at the same time!! Oh, and did you know that a lot of times store brand products have a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the products...so what's there to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment