Background

Friday, July 30, 2010

I decided to take my kids over to Wal-Mart to buy their school supplies this morning. I know, I know there are a lot of great deals on school supplies at other stores, but I just wanted to get it done in the quickest and easiest way. Yes, in some cases I'd rather not hunt for deals and the best possible prices. Their school supply lists had a LOT more items than last year, and I have to say that I was definitely not a savvy shopper today. I still have one or two more items from their lists that I need to buy. I'm guessing that once I buy everything it will cost about $50.00 per child. Does that sound ridiculous to you?

Oh, and we still need to buy their uniforms for school...another item that we won't be getting any good deals on. I'm hoping that they still have a little room in their uniform shirts from last year, and that we will only need to buy new pants/shorts right now. We'll see though.

How are you guys doing on back to school shopping? I felt so strange going through the line at Wal-Mart without a single coupon today. I guess I save in groceries and toiletries so that the sting of paying full price on other items isn't so bad...I'm not sure about that, because it still stings. :)

3 comments:

  1. I feel extremely blessed that we do not have to buy school supplies!! Our small community bands together and gets every child a back pack with his/her school supplies for their class!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The latest Target coupon book that I received in the mail has a $5 off $30 uniform coupon. I would be happy to pass it along to you--if Target is part of the uniforms that are allowed at your school.
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime,
    Thanks, but we have to order their uniforms from one specific store. It's great that you recieved the Target coupon book. In the past 2 or 3 years I've only received one Target coupon book in the mail. Enjoy saving extra money at Target! :)

    And to anonymous, that is AWESOME that your community does that!! I've heard of churches that join together and provide school supplies for all the kids that attend their churches...what an awesome ministry!!

    ReplyDelete