Background

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My children go through cereal like CRAZY!! I was so happy yesterday morning when I realized that I didn't have to throw out a box of empty cereal...they go through about a box a day. I was thinking that maybe they were slowing down and I wouldn't have to buy so much...well, that brings me to this morning...when i found TWO empty boxes and one box that has a small handful of cereal left in it. I started thinking, if I really want to stock up on cereal...say 6 months worth...26 weeks...182 days...182 boxes of cereal. I think cereal might be something that I try to stock up on for only a couple of months at a time. :) Where in the world would I put that many boxes of cereal? Good thing our stores have been having some good cereal sales lately. The best places to find inexpensive cereal this week are:

Target: With their Special K Cereal gift card promotion. (this will run through Saturday)
5 boxes of cereal for $2.39 each (don't forget those coupons from the newspaper and online) and get a $5.00 gift card

Albertsons: Select cereals are on sale for $1.60, but with the manufacturer's coupon found in their ad...if you buy 5 you will get them for $1.00 a box. (This will run through today, but I have found that there are times that Albertsons will run these cereal deals for a couple of weeks in a row...just won't know until the new ad comes out tomorrow).

Your family might not go through cereal as quickly as we do, but if you find a good deal on cereal buy several boxes...that way you won't have to pay full price when you run out. I typically try to spend $1.00 or less on a box of cereal...and I NEVER go over $1.50! If you are just starting out and don't have many coupons, just do the best you can...if you stick with it, you'll get!!

No comments:

Post a Comment