Background

Monday, April 12, 2010

HEB Trip (April 12)

I also made a quick trip to HEB this morning. I didn't see any really great deals that would work for my family there this week, but we REALLY needed some more fruit (my boys ate the last of our fruit for breakfast), and I think the produce at HEB is some of the best in town. I bought everything pictured below and spent:



$11.41 (I know, not so great). Here's how I did it:

2 loaves of Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread $2.38 each

Final Cost: $4.76

2 loaves of HEB Split Top Honey Wheat Bread $2.09 each
-used 2 HEB store coupons for buy Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread, get HEB Split Top Honey Wheat Bread FREE (This deal does not expire until April 20)
Final Cost: FREE!!

3 packages of HEB Flour Tortillas (20 ct.) on sale for $0.95 each
-used 3 coupons for $0.75 off any HEB Tortillas (this was found in yesterday's newspaper...it is an HEB store coupon)
Final Cost: $0.60 (or $0.20 each)

Dole Bananas $0.44 a pound

3 lbs. of apples

Final Cost: $1.98

Bag of Cuties Mandarin Oranges $2.97
-used coupon for $0.55 off bag of Cuties (found in newspaper)
Final Cost: $2.42

1 lb. of Strawberries
Final Cost: $1.50

I spent $11.41 and saved $8.45 (savings of around 42%)...it really is more difficult to save big with fresh fruits/veggies, but if you start saving in your cleaning supplies, toiletries, pantry staples...you will have that extra money to go towards your produce.

Look through your coupons and see if you can do any of these deals...if you picked up the paper yesterday, you should be able to do all of these deals except for the oranges!! Doesn't matter how little/much you save the first time you try this...just start somewhere!!

No comments:

Post a Comment