Background

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Price Check Your Items

Have you ever been checking out at a grocery store, and you realize that your items are ringing up at the wrong price? This has happened to me numerous times. I used to not even mention it to the cashier...I'd think that I must have read the wrong price, and I didn't want to cause any commotion while checking out. One day I was checking out at Wal-Mart, and the grapes that I was buying were ringing up at almost $5.00 a pound. I didn't say anything because I was too embarrassed, but I was kicking myself all the way home.

Since then I've changed my ways, I will politely tell them that I think the item is ringing up at the wrong price. The cashiers have always been very polite and quick to fix the price mistake. Just the other day I was checking out at Albertsons and the items I purchased were ringing up at the wrong price...I mentioned it to the cashier, and she called someone over to do a price check for me. I was right about the price, so she adjusted the price of the items down AND gave me one of the items FREE. She said that if something rings up wrong at the cash register that it is their policy to give you one of the items FREE and the other items at the correct price. So don't be afraid to speak up when you see something scanning wrong...be an empowered shopper!!

1 comment:

  1. That's nice to know about Albertson's.
    I have noticed at Target (since they changed computer systems) that my coupons are not always scanning correctly, and they attach to the wrong item on occasion. So, it's good to stand where you can see the monitor as they scan the coupon or do smaller transactions.
    Post from Totally Target along those lines: http://www.totallytarget.com/category/faqs-basics/

    ReplyDelete