Background

Thursday, July 8, 2010

July Grocery Budget

I was just going through my receipts for July, and I realized that I have had an AMAZING first week!!

For the first week of July, I spent $3.93 on groceries and saved $66.24!!

I have not been big grocery shopping all week. This is in part because I have such a large stockpile of foods from previous weeks, but also because 4th of July weekend a lot of my husband's family was in town and my in laws provided meals for everyone Friday through Sunday!!

We are officially out of all fresh fruits and vegetables, so I will be making a run to the store tonight or tomorrow. Those items always seem to be the most expensive.

How have you been doing on your budget for July? I am just amazed at how much couponing has changed our family's budget!! Before I started using coupons, we would get to the end of the month and have hardly any food at all left in our pantry or refrigerator. As soon as pay day would come around, we'd have to restock all of our shelves. Now we have enough for our family and are able to give some of our surplus away!! If you are just starting out, don't give up...you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll be able to shrink your grocery budget AND increase your stockpile!! And for those of you who have been couponing for a while...are you noticing a difference...either your stockpile growing, or your budget being able to stretch farther?

No comments:

Post a Comment