Background

Friday, July 9, 2010

Coupon Overload

When I first started using coupons and learning how to do all the wonderful Register Reward and Extra Care Buck deals it seems like I went to the stores every day...trying to get in on EVERY deal that was available. I was so shocked that you could get multiple products for FREE...and sometimes even make money back when buying products. I'd look through my coupons, search store ads and various coupon sites, make my detailed shopping list and then head out to the stores. It never failed that when I came back from the store I'd read about even more deals that were available, so the next day I'd go back out to do even more deals. I was saving a LOT of money, but was seriously wearing myself (and my 3 year old son) out. (My two oldest boys were in school when I first started getting serious about coupon shopping, so they were spared the endless trips to the stores. :)

I KNOW that I am not the only person who has done this, or might currently be doing this. I have talked to numerous people who make one, sometimes even two, trips to the stores a day. When you are first starting out, it can be so exciting to get all these great deals, but if you try to chase every deal and every freebie that is out there, chances are that you will wear yourselves out.

After coupon shopping for a couple of months, I realized that there will ALWAYS be another sale. It's okay to not get every great deal...there will always be more. If I have to miss out on a few deals to save my sanity that's okay. After all, I will be able to find FREE toothbrushes, toothpaste, and deodorant another time, but my sanity...well, that's a different story! :)

Have any of you been there...chasing sales and deals? Step back, take a break, and remind yourself that there will always be another sale and another deal...it's okay to miss a few!!

1 comment:

  1. You know I was wearing myself out! I just thought ... I haven't been to Target in a long time. I'm glad. :) I am seeing my freezer items dwindle down ... so that must mean great coupons will be coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete