Background

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

3 Pounds of Coupon Inserts

I know I've posted about paying to have coupon inserts mailed to me every two weeks. I just received a shipment of three pounds of coupon inserts, and wanted to show you just how many inserts come in each package!



This shipment had 33 coupon inserts:

-5 4/18 SmartSource inserts
-2 5/2 RedPlum inserts
-4 5/16 SmartSource inserts
-4 5/9 SmartSource inserts
-2 5/16 RedPlum inserts
-2 4/25 RedPlum inserts
-4 5/23 SmartSource inserts
-3 4/25 SmartSource inserts
-4 5/2 SmartSource inserts
-3 5/23 RedPlum inserts

I know several of you have mentioned buying newspapers and not receiving all of the inserts that are scheduled to have been in the newspaper (usually the RedPlum inserts). I also know that a lot of you buy the newspapers JUST for the coupons and end up throwing away the rest of the paper.

I started having the 3 pounds of coupon inserts mailed to me for several reasons:

1. In order to REALLY shrink your grocery budget, you need to STOCK UP when items are on sale. To do this effectively, you need to have multiples of the same coupon. More and more often, I'd go to buy newspapers at the store and find that they had already sold out of the papers.

2. Our local newspaper does NOT have the same amount of coupons or the high value coupons as big city newspapers. The coupon inserts that are mailed are from larger cities, so they tend to be higher dollar coupons. (A BIG plus!!)

3. I felt terrible throwing out all the newspapers that were never even read! I had grand plans of recycling them, but our city is not very recycling friendly, so the majority of the time my stack of newspapers would grow until I got so sick of it that I'd just throw them away.

4. I realized that I would be saving money having coupon inserts mailed to me...not just at the grocery store, but actually on the coupons themselves. If I were to buy newspapers for all of the coupon inserts that I received in the mail today, I'd spend $48.00!! (The San Antonio newspaper is $3.00 for each one). Having the coupons mailed to me costs $33.00...just $1.00 an insert! If I only use one $1.00 coupon from each insert, I will have made my money back, but I can assure you that I will use MUCH more coupons than just one from each insert!!

Each shipment of coupon inserts is $33.00. That might sound like a lot, but I easily make that up in ONE shopping trip!! I really think that it is a wonderful investment. You might think that you would never use that many coupons...but as you can see there are several of the same inserts, so think about going in with a friend and splitting the inserts. (Most of the time you receive even numbers of the same inserts, so should be very easy to split!)

I receive my inserts from a small company called American Consumer Services. I contacted Mr. Daniels (the owner) and asked him if it would be okay if I wrote a blog about his business...I wanted to make sure that if any of you were interested in receiving shipments that he would have enough coupon inserts in stock to accomodate new orders. He told me that he should have enough. He did say to have new orders mention that they heard about his business on Lucrecia Wingfield's blog.

This is a smaller company, and he does not have a website. You can contact him at 1-866-790-5088 or email him at americanconsumer@comcast.net.

Hope some of you take advantage of this offer...make sure to tell him that you heard about this on Lucrecia Wingfield's blog, so you can be sure to get in on his mailing list. Oh, and this is not something you have to sign a contract to join...try it once, and if you aren't satisfied call and cancel. I signed up to have it delivered once a month, and as soon as I received my first shipment I emailed him to ask if I could get it delivered every two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Is anyone interested in splitting an order with me?? If not, that's OK...it just sounds like a LOT of coupons!! :-)

    ReplyDelete