Background

Monday, April 4, 2011

Stretching a Dollar at the Drug Stores

I wasn't planning on doing any deals at CVS or Walgreens this week, but when I was out running errands I noticed that I had Extra Care Bucks and Register Rewards that were expiring today. Instead of letting them go to waste, I decided to make a quick trip to both stores and see what I could pick up. I hadn't had a chance to look through any of the ads and I didn't have very many coupons with me. I think I still did a pretty good job rolling my rewards.

First Stop was Walgreens:

I bought everything pictured below and spent:



$0.97.

Colgate Toothpaste $2.99 (Receive a $3.00 Register Reward)
-I didn't have any coupons for this with me, but there is a coupon for $0.35 off Colgate in the 4/3 SmartSource insert.

Tampax Pearl $6.99 (Receive a $2.00 Register Reward)
-I used a coupon for $1.00 off Tampax Pearl. There is a coupon for $2.00 off Tampax Pearl that can be found in the 4/3 Proctor and Gamble insert that would make this an even better deal.

Gillette Fusion Razor $9.99 (Receive a $4.00 Register Reward)
-I used a coupon for $5.00 off Gillette Fusion that I had from a Proctor and Gamble coupon booklet that was mailed to me.

I also purchased 3 bags of M&Ms for $0.33 each that I used as filler items.

I paid with $14.00 in Register Rewards and received $9.00 in Register Rewards.


Second Stop was CVS:


I bought everything pictured below and spent:



$0.96


2 Right Guard Body Washes $3.88 each (Received $3.00 Extra Care Buck)
-I used coupon for Buy one Right Guard product get one FREE (found in 3/13 RedPlum insert)

2 GUM Flossers $2.00 each (Received $2.00 Extra Care Buck for each one I purchased)

8 Snickers Easter Eggs $0.50 each
-I used 4 coupons for $1.00 off 2 Select Mars Easter Candy (found in 3/20 RedPlum insert) (Yes, I realize there are only 7 pictured. I just MAY have eaten one as a snack. :)

I paid with $6.99 in Extra Care Bucks, and received $7.00 in Extra Care Bucks.

There are a lot of other GREAT deals at CVS this week, but I was happy with the deals I did. I was shopping with a tired 4 year old and with a limited supply of coupons. My main goal was to pick up items that we use in our family and to roll my rewards.

Whoever says a dollar can't buy you anything any more clearly does not use coupons and does not shop at drug stores. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I was at MOPS this Friday and you blew my mind! Checking out your blog has blown my mind even more! Thanks for sharing all your deals and for encouraging us to be better stewards of what God has given us!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete