Background

Friday, April 8, 2011

HEB--General Mills Promotion


I went to HEB to try to find some deals this afternoon, and I was very happily surprised. I was walking through the store, and I found a display of Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes with a pink tag on it. I looked at the tag and it said that if you buy 10 select General Mills products you will receive a $5.00 Catalina coupon at checkout and 5 free music downloads. Sounds good to me. :)

There was a list of participating products on the back of the paper, and I didn't notice any size exclusions so I thought I'd do a test run.

Transaction #1:
I purchased 10 pouches of Bisquick...each $0.71.
Final Price: $7.10 and a catalina for $5.00 off my next shopping order printed and a catalina for 5 FREE music downloads

I decided to see if this catalina coupon would roll to another General Mills deal.

Transaction #2;
I purchased 10 pouches of Betty Crocker Instant Potatoes...each $0.76
-used $5.00 catalina from transaction #1
Final Price: $2.60 AND another catalina for $5.00 off my next shopping order printed AND a catalina for $2.00 off any HEB Brand Item AND a catalina for 5 FREE music downloads

In my opinion that is a pretty good deal. I spent a total of $9.70, but I still have a total of $7.00 in catalina coupons to use.

1 comment: