Background

Monday, October 25, 2010

Some Good Deals at Target and Walgreens

I made a quick trip to Target and Walgreens today. I bought everything pictured below, and spent...



$1.78! I saved $29.68.

TARGET:

Target is currently running a special promotion on Digiorno pizza. If you buy 2 of them for $4.50 each, you will receive a California Kitchen or Digiorno single size pizza for FREE!

2 Digiorno Pizzas $9.00
-used 2 coupons for $1.00 off Digiorno Pizza (found in 9/12 RedPlum insert)
Final Price: $7.00

1 California Kitchen Pizza $2.89
-FREE after buying 2 Digiorno pizzas
-used coupon for $1.00 off California Kitchen Pizza (found in 9/26 SmartSource insert)
Final Price: FREE PLUS $1.00 from coupon to be used for other items

3 Tic Tacs $0.72
-used 3 coupons for $0.75 off Tic Tacs (found in 10/3 RedPlum insert)
Final Price: FREE

Total for Target was $6.00, but I used a $5.00 Target Gift Card that I received after purchasing Mott's Apple Juice several weeks ago...taking my total down to just $1.00!!

WALGREENS:

I did my purchases at Walgreens in 3 separate transactions so I was able to roll my Register Rewards from one deal to the next.

Transactions 1 and 2 were exactly the same:

1 Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste $3.49
-used coupon for $1.00 off Colgate Sensitive (found in 10/10 SmartSource insert)
Final Price: $2.49

1 Butterball Chicken Broth $0.99
-used in ad coupon for 2 for $1.00
Final Price: $0.50

Paid with $2.60 Register Reward from deal last week. Total Due: $0.39
(After each transaction I received a Register Reward for $3.50.

Transaction 3:

Contact Cold and Flu $6.00
(There are coupons available for this product, but I didn't plan ahead)
Final Price: $6.00

2 Butterball Chicken Broth $0.99
-used in ad coupon for 2 for $1.00
Final Price: $1.00

Paid with 2 $3.50 Register Rewards from Transactions 1 and 2. Total Due: $0.00
(After this transaction I received a Register Reward for $6.00.)

Before I began coupon shopping, I would not have thought a thing about spending $2.50 on a single tube of toothpaste...well, I would have thought it was ridiculous how much things cost, but of course I would still buy it because everyone needs toothpaste, right? It's really amazing how knowing how to effectively use coupons can drastically shrink your grocery budget. I was able to buy everything today for less than what I used to spend on a single tube of toothpaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment