Background

Monday, September 20, 2010

Target Trip (September 20)

I went to Target this morning for the sole purpose of seeing if they had any school supplies still on clearance. I was able to find several good deals while I was there. I bought everything pictured below, and spent...



$6.04, and saved $47.16!

4 Glade Sense and Spray Starter Kits (price cut to $5.04 each)
-used Target coupon for $3.00 off (found in 9/12 SmartSource insert)
-used man. coupon for $3.00 off (found in 8/22 SmartSource insert)
Final Price: All 4 for FREE (plus $3.84 in overage)
NOTE...Target has recently changed their computer system, so now most coupons automatically adjust down to the purchase price of an item...no overage...so I was very surprised when these coupons did not adjust down. If you decide to do this deal, I would not go in expecting overage. I'm not sure why these did not adjust down for me.

12 Band-Aids (travel size) ($0.97 each)
-used 4 coupons for $3.00 off three select Band-Aid products (found in 8/1 SmartSource insert)
Final Price: All 12 for FREE

6 Johnson and Johnson First Aid to Go Kits ($0.97 each)
-used 2 coupons for $3.00 off three select Band-Aid, Johnson's First Aid products (found in 8/1 SmartSource insert)
Final Price: All 6 for FREE

12 Mead Five Star Folders (clearance price $0.24 each)
-used 6 coupons for $1.00 off two Five Star products (found in 8/8 RedPlum insert)
Final Price: All 12 for FREE (plus overage)
NOTE...These coupons only took $0.24 off, so I mentioned to the cashier that she should adjust them to $0.48 each (price of 2 folders), she adjusted all of the coupons to $0.48 except for 3 of them which for some reason automatically took $1.00 off...Again, I have no idea why the register did this.

10 Market Pantry Applesauce Cups (6 pack) (clearance price $1.27 each)
Final Price: $12.70

Final Price for Trip: $6.04

I was excited about finding the apple sauce on clearance...there was a whole endcap FULL of applesauce. I have a hard time finding good deals on these, and I usually end up buying them at Sam's...it's around $8 or $9 for 36 cups there. I was able to purchase 60 apple sauce cups and everything else for less than what I would normally spend on 36 cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment