Background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

HEB Trip (Box Top Catalina?)

I went to HEB to see if I could figure out what triggered the $5.00 Catalina. I bought everything pictured below and spent...



$12.24...and I still have a $5.00 Catalina for my next trip!

Here's how I did it, and how you can too:

Transaction 1:

5 Betty Crocker Fruit Gushers ($2.00 each)
-used coupon for $0.50 off 2 (found here)
-used coupon fo $1.00 off 3 (found here)

5 Juicy Juice (8 pack) ($1.96 each)
-used 5 coupons for FREE Juicy Juice wyb Fruit Gushers (found at HEB)

Final Price: $8.50 (plus tax) AND a $5.00 Catalina printed out!

Transaction 2:

5 Ziploc Containers ($2.16 each) (Yes, I realize in the picture that there are no containers in the boxes...I had already put them away when I realized that I forgot to take the picture :)
-used 2 coupons for $1.50 off 2 Ziploc Containers (found in 8/8 SmartSource insert)

5 Chex Mix ($1.50 each)
-used 5 coupons for FREE Chex Mix wyb Ziploc Containers (found at HEB)

-used $5.00 Catalina from Transaction 1

Final Price: $2.80 (plus tax) AND a $5.00 Catalina printed out. PLUS 2 Catalinas for $1.50 off any HEB Brand Item

Transaction 3:

2 HEB Milk (1/2 gallon) ($1.97 each)
-used 2 coupons for $1.50 off any HEB item (printed after transaction 2)

Final Price: $0.94 (for a GALLON OF MILK!!)

All in all, this was a GREAT trip to HEB!! The Fruit Gushers, Juicy Juice, Ziploc, and Chex Mix all had Box Tops on them that is why I think that Box Tops products are triggering the $5.00 Catalina...buy 10 items with Box Tops and receive a $5.00 Catalina.

No comments:

Post a Comment