Background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

HEB--Catalina Deal

I went into HEB today to see if I could find any good deals. The last few weeks I haven't seen anything in the ads that I've really wanted to buy. This morning we used our last loaf of bread, and I opened our last box of juice pouches that I pack in my older boys' school lunches. I decided that it might be worth it to head to HEB to take advantage of their bread deal and buy Fruit Gushers get Juicy Juice for FREE. When I checked out I was pleasantly surprised with a catalina.

I bought 5 Betty Crocker Fruit Gushers $2.00 each
AND 5 Juicy Juice (8 pack) $1.96 each
-used coupon for $0.50 off 2 (found here)
-used coupon for $1.00 off 3 (found here)
-used 5 coupons for FREE Juicy Juice wyb Fruit Gushers (found at HEB)
Final Price: $8.50 (I thought this was a decent price for the 10 items I purchased...$0.85 each)

This deal gets even better though...a $5.00 catalina coupon printed out after I did this deal...good on my next purchase. A catalina for 70 Box Tops also printed out. I asked the cashier about it, and she said she had no idea what items were included in this sale.

Tonight I asked my hubby to watch the kids so I could run to HEB to see if I could find more information abou the catalina. No one that I talked to seemed to have any idea what triggered the catalina, so I decided to see if I could figure it out myself. Since the Catalina for 70 Box Tops printed along with the $5.00 Catalina I thought that might have something to do with it.

Based on the different deal scenarios that I tried at the store, this is what I think triggers the $5.00 Catalina:

Buy 10 items that have Box Tops on them, and a $5.00 Catalina will print. Keep in mind that this is based on deals I did...no cashier could verify this, but it seemed to work that way for me! Oh, and best of all...the $5.00 Catalina will roll from deal to deal!!

Let me know if you find any GREAT deals!!

1 comment:

  1. I found out about this last week (it is the boxtops for education offer when you buy 10 items that have the boxtops on them-I read about it onhttp://www.examiner.com/user/1855696/articles)and I've gone a little crazy at HEB........you can even get a $1.50 of HEB brand products coupon if you buy 2 ziploc containers. I've done a variation of this scenario several times
    2 Ziploc containers @$2.16 each=$4.32
    2 chex mix @ 2/$3=$3.00
    2 gushers $2 ea = $4
    2 juices at $1.97=$3.94
    1Bis. pancake mix=$ .71
    1Delights mini-$1.66
    =$17.63
    -.50/2 q for the gushers
    - .75 q for the delights min
    -$3.94 in qs for the juicy juice
    -$1.50 ziploc Q
    -2 buy ziploc get chex mix free = -$3
    =$7.94
    -$5 cat. Q from previous purchase
    =$2.94 cash OOP
    got back a $5OYNO Q
    AND 1 $1.50 off HEB brand items Qs!

    The variation is from the last 2 items-you can even buy the Betty Crocker packets of mashed potatoes for $ .71 and use a good coupon from the recent GM insert-
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete