Background

Friday, April 29, 2011

Swagbucks--FREE Birthday Presents!!

Have I mentioned before that I just LOVE Swagbucks? I know that I post about it every few weeks, but I have to take a minute to once again try to convince you that you are seriously missing out on FREE money if you haven't signed up yet...do I sound convincing enough. :)

Our oldest son, Josh, is turning 10 on Sunday. We have a pretty tight budget when it comes to birthdays. We don't have big birthday parties, but instead we let the birthday boy choose any restaurant that he wants to eat at, and then open presents and have cake and ice cream at home afterward. The party usually consists of our family and grandparents. (I'm sure this will begin to change as the kids get older and want to do stuff with their friends instead of just their parents. :) What does all of this have to do with Swagbucks? Well, birthday boy requested books and a DS game for his birthday this year, and I was able to purchase it all from Amazon for



$0.00!! I used Amazon gift cards that I got for FREE from Swagbucks. This will seriously help, because birthday boy wants to go out for steaks for his birthday dinner...and this boy can put away meat like no one's business. :)

Swagbucks is a search engine that awards you points when you use their search engine while you are on the internet. It is very similar to Google, Ask.com, etc., only you have the chance to earn points. These points can then be redeemed for prizes...my favorite prize is the Amazon gift card. I use Swagbucks throughout the year, and then use them to help offset the cost of buying birthday and Christmas presents.

It is so simple to use, I put the Swagbucks toolbar on my computer...it is small and I hardly even notice it. Whenever I am on the computer I do all of my searches through Swagbucks. So for example I want to check my email...instead of typing in www.gmail.com, I'll simply type gmail into the Swagbucks search engine and it takes me there...with an extra chance to earn Swagbucks. Simple as can be!! I typically earn around 15 to 25 points every day just by going to places on the Internet that I would normally go to.

If you are interested in signing up, you can go here to get started. It is ABSOLUTELY FREE, and you get a bonus 30 Swagbucks for joining. An added bonus...if you sign up and use the code HelpJapan at sign up, you'll be awarded an additional 50 bucks...so 80 Swagbucks for joining!! (The HelpJapan code is only good until May 2nd.) It takes 450 Swagbucks to earn a $5.00 Amazon gift card, so you'll be well on your way simply by signing up. If you start using Swagbucks now, you could have around $50.00 in FREE money to help with Christmas shopping this year!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome, Lucrecia! Happy birthday to you, too. I've been meaning to ask you about this. Before Christmas, I was getting swagbucks to the left and right. Now, it has really slowed down. Our computer did crash earlier in the year, so I'm not sure if that changed something ... but I still get them, just not like before.

    ReplyDelete