Background

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

HEB--Meatballs, Parmesan Cheese, and Lettuce Deal



HEB currently has this deal:

BUY:
Kraft Parmesan Cheese ($2.98)
GET FREE:
HEB Frozen Meatballs ($3.48)

Next to the Parmesan Cheese there are yellow store coupons that will get you the meatballs free, but there are additional coupons that will make the deal even sweeter! There are two tear pad coupons that you need to look for. (I found these taped right next to the Parmesan Cheese containers in the refrigerated cheese section...on the far right side). One coupon is for FREE lettuce when you buy Parmesan Cheese, and the other is for $1.00 off Kraft Parmesan Cheese. (I went right around 2:45 and there were a lot of these coupons left. If you are going to do this deal, please be considerate and only take the number of coupons that your family will need.)

Deal idea:

BUY:
Head of Lettuce ($1.48)
Kraft Parmesan ($2.98)
Meatballs ($3.48)
USE:
-HEB yellow coupon for FREE meatballs (-$3.48)
-Coupon for FREE lettuce (-$2.98) (For some reason this automatically deducted the FULL amount for the cheese. The cashier did not manually enter this...it is coded into the bar code)
Final Price: $1.48 for all three items...You'll just be paying for the lettuce.

I tried to use the coupon for $1.00 off Parmesan Cheese, but the register would not accept it. It was only after looking at my receipt that I noticed that the coupon for FREE lettuce took off the full amount of the Parmesan Cheese. This coupon seems to be coded to give you the Parmesan Cheese FREE when you buy lettuce...maybe? That is only my guess. I am guessing that when I tried to use the coupon for $1.00 off cheese, the register would not accept it since the lettuce coupon attached to the cheese...like trying to use 2 coupons on one product...again, this is only my guess. The cashier scanned the coupon for the FREE lettuce BEFORE she tried to scan the coupon for the $1.00 off cheese. I am not sure what would have happened if she had scanned them in the other order.

I had lettuce on my grocery list for the week, so I'm all about getting the meatballs and cheese for free! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment