Background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Walgreens Trip (January 20)

I went for my weekly Walgreens trip today. I started off this trip with a $10.00 register reward from doing the Vicks deal last week, and a $3.50 Register Reward from doing the Nature Valley deal a couple of weeks ago. I bought everything pictured below and spent...



$4.93, and saved $157.88! (No one in their right mind would spend $150.00 on what is pictured above...that is insane! It goes to show that stores really do mark up their prices, and if you don't shop the sales you will be WAY over paying!) I left the store with $17.00 in Register Rewards.

I did this trip in several different transactions so that I'd be able to roll my Register Rewards from deal to deal. My out of pocket should have been a little lower, but I was shopping with a wonderful 3 year old helper who had me a little distracted. :)

Since it is the end of the week, I won't break down my exact transactions. I will list the coupons that I used and what products generated Register Rewards.

Joint Juice on sale for $10.00
(There's a coupon for $1.00 off Joint Juice.(found here)I didn't find this coupon until after I got home from Walgreens though.)
-generated $10.00 Register Reward

Full Fast Appetite Control on sale for $10.00
-generated $10.00 Register Reward

Thermacare $2.50
-used coupon for $1.00 off (found here)
-generated $2.50 Register Reward

2 Pantene Hairspray on sale for $3.50 each
-used coupon for $3.00 off 2 Pantene products (found in 12/26 Proctor and Gamble insert)
-generated $2.00 Register Reward when you buy 2 Pantene products

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razors $9.99
-used coupon for $4.00 off Gillette Fusion (found in 12/26 Proctor and Gamble insert)
-generated $5.00 Register Reward

Breathe Right Strips $5.99
-used 3 coupons for FREE Breathe Right (I received these as a catalina coupon from Walgreens earlier this month)

Extra Gum
-used in ad coupon to pay $0.50 (used as filler item)

Snickers candy bar (Not pictured...I just may have eaten it while waiting in a long line of cars to pick my boys up from school. :)
-used in ad coupon to pay $0.49 (used as filler item)

Christmas Pencil on sale for $0.09 (used as filler item)

Walgreens receipts calculate savings based on regular prices...not on sale prices. I guess that is why the savings adds up to over $150.00. I have to say that anyone who would spend that amount on what I bought today has got WAY to much extra cash! :)

1 comment:

  1. I think most of this will be going into your donation pile! hee, hee! You sure don't need to lose weight and I don't think you have joint pain YET! Ha! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete