Background

Friday, January 21, 2011

Unexpected Overage at HEB

Did you guys get the coupon for $5.00 off any Maalox that was in the 1/9 SmartSource insert?

I went to HEB this afternoon to pick up some produce, and I decided to check the price of Maalox while I was there. I found bottles of Maalox priced as low as $2.97. Now, we don't usually use Maalox in my household, but I thought that I'd go ahead and pick up a few bottles to put in our donation box...I mean, you can't beat FREE.

Well, evidently you can beat FREE because when I went to check out, each Maalox coupon took off the full $5.00! Some of you might live in cities where overage is no big deal, but in San Angelo I NEVER go in a store expecting overage. Occasionally I'll get a few cents overage here and there...but this was $2.00 in overage for each coupon!!

If you have any of these $5.00 coupons you might consider heading to HEB and picking up some BETTER than FREE Maalox...I used my overage to help lower the cost of some produce that we needed. The coupon doesn't expire until March, so you have some time to use it.

(Maalox was priced at $2.97, $3.96, $4.38...and I'm sure there were some other prices as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment