Background

Sunday, March 21, 2010

CVS Trip March 21

My new goal for shopping at CVS and Walgreens is to see how many items I can get for under $5. I also want to try to leave the store with at least a few Extra Care Bucks every week, so that I will be able to use those ECBs for next week's shopping trip. I bought everything pictured below (minus a Cadbury Egg that didn't make it into the picture...my husband got ahold of it :), and spent...


$0.57!! Yes 57 cents!! And I left the store with $3 in Extra Care Bucks!! I broke my trip up into two different transactions.
Transaction #1
I started my shopping trip with a coupon that CVS emailed to me for $4 off any $20 purchase. In order to use it, my total had to be at least $20 BEFORE coupons!!
2 bottles of Cover Girl Liquid Foundation $6 each
-minus 1 coupon for Buy one Cover Girl Product Get one Free (for the one I got free)
-minus 1 coupon for $1 off any Cover Girl Product (for the one I had to pay for)
Final cost: $5 (This also generated a $3 Extra Care Buck)
1 Air Wick Scented Oil starter kit $4.99
-minus 1 $4 coupon
Final cost: $0.99
1 tube of Colgate Total Toothpaste $3.99
-minus 1 $1 coupon
Final cost: $2.99 (This also generated a $3.99 Extra Care Buck)
1 100 Grand Candy Bar
-The cashier made me get something extra, because after coupons the store would have owed me money, and she wouldn't allow that...so I had to pick this up to get my total back up to a positive number.
I also used the CVS store coupon for $4 off any $20 purchase and a $5 Extra Care Buck from last week.
Total for Transaction #1...$0.05, and I received $6.99 in Extra Care Bucks
Transaction #2
1 bag of Pampers diapers $8.97
-minus 1 $2 coupon
1 Cadbury Egg
-Again, the cashier made me pick up something extra, because after coupons and Extra Care Bucks, the store would have owed me money.
I also used the $6.99 in Extra Care Bucks that I earned from Transaction #1.
Total for Transaction #2...$0.52, and I received $3 in Extra Care Bucks.
What can you get for under $5.00? Once you start using your coupons and Extra Care Bucks, you'll be surprised at how many items you can get for $5!!
Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment