Background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Candy Galore!

It seems like every year when I am buying candy for Easter baskets/Christmas stockings I am just blown away by how much candy costs. I went to Walgreens today to see if I could find any good deals to fill up Easter baskets. I was able to purchase everything below, and I spent...



$0.60...and for those of you with no Register Rewards, I did it using zero Register Rewards.

I purchased:
1 Easter Egg filled with M&Ms/Snickers $0.75
1 Snickers Creme Filled Egg $0.29
-used coupon for $1.00 off 2 Mars Easter Candy (found in 3/20 and 4/10 RedPlum inserts)
Final Price: $0.04 for both

After using the coupons, I ended up paying $0.02 for each piece of candy...a definite STOCK UP price. I had quite a few coupons...some from the newspapers (purchased and given to me) and some from printable coupons (no longer available).

Note...I did this in 3 different transactions. There is a limit of 6 Snickers Creme Eggs priced at $0.29 per transaction, so I had to break up my trip.

I went to the Walgreens across from HEB, and they had a large supply of candy. This sale will go through Saturday night, so if you are interested you might want to head over there.

2 comments:

  1. Where at in the store did you find the candy? I went on Tuesday and the Snickers box was empty. Is there more left? I planned on doing this deal tomorrow but I don't want to go to the store if they are out. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Walgreens on Sherwood Way. They had all the candy on the Easter aisle. There was a full box of the Snickers Creme Eggs and several boxes of the M&M eggs. There were additional boxes of the M&M eggs further back on the shelves. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete