Background

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I have a problem and want to know if it's just me or if someone else might feel the same way. I have a house FULL of food, but absolutely ZERO desire to cook. I don't know if it is because it's been so hot lately, but the idea of turning on the oven/stove to cook is not very appealing to me. We've had our fair share of cereal and sandwiches for supper...yes, I will admit to it. I pulled food out of the freezer last night to cook, but now that it is time for me to start preparing it I don't want to at all!! My boys would love another night of cereal and fruit salad, but I need to make something else.

On the menu for tonight:

Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and Rolls

The meat is thawed, the potatoes are ready to be peeled, and the corn is waiting to be boiled. Me on the other hand, I don't even want to step foot in the kitchen. What to do, what to do? :)

Do you ever have days like this, or is it just me?

3 comments:

  1. Only happens to me ALL the time! Sometimes I push through and make it anyway... others I sweetly convince Hugh we NEED Sonic :)

    Your menu for tonight sounds awesome! For some dumb reason I planned chili for tonight... what was I thinking? It's like 105 outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucrecia,
    I cook on the grill...all. summer. long. Meats (even our meatballs for spaghetti!), pizza, pita pockets, veggies. I even roasted a 14 pound turkey last weekend on the grill. Made the mashed potatoes at 7am, with the windows and doors open. I also put the crockpot out in the garage for the summer. LMK if you want me to send some of my "Too Hot to Light the Oven" recipes.
    Blessings,
    Deja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Deja! Last night, Brian already had steak grilled ... so I added the microwaveable rice ... and soy sauce ... it was good! No veggies this time, but it was still good! And not having to cook much or heat up the house.

    ReplyDelete