Background

Friday, August 13, 2010

Budget Review--August Week 2

My goal for this month is to spend $40.00 a week on groceries. I am trying to cut our grocery budget back some, but STILL be able to stockpile groceries. It would be easy for me to go several weeks buying nothing except for fresh fruits/veggies, eggs, milk, bread because of the stockpile I have built up over the last few months. I want to be able to continue building up our stockpile and at the same time cut our grocery budget.

This week was a little different for me. My husband has been sick all week, so I wasn't able to go out and do much grocery shopping or deal hunting. We ate from our stockpile a lot this week, and I only spent money on a few essentials at Wal-Mart.

I bought: (Sorry, no picture this week...it seriously has been a crazy week. When someone is sick it seems to throw everything off at our house!)

Velveeta cheese (2 lbs.)
Dr. Thunder (12 pack)
Water (5 gallons)
Bananas (7)
Cantaloupe (1)
Kiwi (6)
Peaches (4)
Plums (5)
Apples (5)

I spent a total of $15.77...and I used zero coupons. I did save money on the produce because I price matched everything except for the bananas with the Lowe's ad.

Total so far for the month of August: $55.68

How are you guys doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment