Background

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Albertsons Trip (May 6)

I ran to Albertsons today because I had 2 $2.00 Catalina coupons that were expiring today, and of course I couldn't just throw $4.00 away. I didn't need much from the store, so I just focused on buying things that I had good coupons for and maximizing my savings. I bought everything pictured below, and spent...



$1.00, and I saved almost $55.00!!

In order to do this, I had to break up my trip into three different transactions. You are only allowed to use one Catalina coupon per transaction, and since I had more than one that I wanted to use, I had to break up my order.

Here's how I did it, and how you can do it too if you have the right coupons:

Transaction #1:
4 Yoplait Greek Yogurts (on sale for $1.00)
-used 4 coupons for $0.30 off (these were all tripled)
Final Price: $0.40...or $0.10 each

2 Betty Crocker Boxed Muffin Mix (on sale for $2.00) (I love using these for baking quick breakfast breads...my boys LOVE them!!)
-used 2 coupons for $0.50 off (these were doubled)
Final Price: $2.00...or $1.00 each

Plus I used a $2.00 Catalina coupon that printed the last time I shopped at Albertsons

Total for Transaction #1: $0.40

Transaction #2:
1 Reusable Shopping Bag $1.00
-used coupon for FREE shopping bag (from doing a phone survey that was offered on the bottom of my receipt)
Final Price: FREE...plus it gave me $0.10 overage (not sure why)

2 packages of Lawry Taco Seasoning (on sale for $0.59)
-used coupon for $0.50 off 2 (this was doubled)
Final Price: $0.18 (or $0.09 each)

6 packages of McCormick Grill Mates Seasonings (on sale for $0.50)
-used 6 coupons for $0.50 off
Final Price: FREE

4 Yoplait Greek Yogurt (on sale for $1.00)
-used 4 coupons for $0.30 off (these were tripled)
Final Price: $0.40 (or $0.10 each)

2 boxes of Betty Crocker Boxed Muffin Mix (on sale for $2.00)
-used 2 coupons for $0.50 off (these were both doubled)
Final Price: $2.00 (or $1.00 each)

Plus I used a $2.00 Catalina coupon that printed the last time I shopped at Albertsons

Final Price for Transaction #2: $0.48
I think it should have been $0.58, but the reusable shopping bag gave me $0.10 in overage.

Transaction #3:
4 bottles of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce (on sale for $1.69)
-used 4 coupons for $0.50 off (these were all doubled)
Final Price: $2.76 (or $0.69 each)

4 packages of Lawry Taco Seasoning (on sale for $0.59)
-used 2 coupons for $0.50 off 2 (these were both doubled)
Final Price: $0.36 (or $0.09 each)

2 boxes of Betty Crocker boxed Muffin Mix (on sale for $2.00)
-used 2 coupons for $0.50 off (these were both doubled)
Final Price: $2.00 (or $1.00 each)

1 box Skinner Angel Hair Pasta $1.49
-used coupon for FREE Skinner Boxed Pasta (from playing the Monopoly game at Albertsons)
Final Price: FREE

Plus I used a $5.00 Register Reward from Walgreens.

Final Price for Transaction #3: $0.12

Look through your coupons and see if you can do some of these same deals. The Greek Yogurt is a GREAT price, and you can't beat FREE packages of seasonings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment