Background

Friday, April 2, 2010

A Challenge

So it's the beginning of another month, and I've decided to really challenge myself to shop smart and make the most out of our grocery budget. To help me stick to this, I've decided that at the end of each week, I'll write exactly what I've spent and how much I've saved...I'm hoping to save at least 50% each week. My grocery budget includes all food, toiletries, medicines, cleaning supplies...basically anything that I buy throughout the week (minus gas, clothing, etc.)

Are you up for the challenge? Save those receipts and at the end of the week, add them up and see how much you can save. For those of you just starting out, start small. Challenge yourself to save at least $5-$10 a week. $5.00 a week doesn't sound like much, but in a year, you'll have saved $260!!

Each Wednesday in April I'll be posting my spending vs. saving for the week...I'd love to hear how you are doing as well!!

1 comment:

  1. i am up for the challenge!! I sent my hubby with list and coupons in hand to Albertsons. He spent 19.61 and saved...22.87!!!! yeah hubby... With their sales, double coupons and man. coupons we saved a bunch and I did not even have some of the can good coupons that I have heard of but do not have. We do not use can goods often, but at 49 cents i wanted to have them on hand to donate. Thanks for your inspiration.
    Happy saving
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete