Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

Meal Plan (October--Week 1)

I cannot believe that it is already October. It seems like the weeks are just flying by. Before you know it Christmas will be here...and hopefully cooler temperatures.

I really encourage you to sit down and make a meal plan each week for your family. Take stock of your refrigerator, freezer, and pantry. When you are making your meal plan, use items that you already have on hand to create your meal plan. This will allow you to spend less on NEEDS at the grocery store and also avoid wasting perishable food items. I try to make two trips to the grocery store each week. The first trip is for all the items that my family NEEDS for the week, and the second trip I focus on stocking up on items that are at their rock bottom prices. This allows me to keep a well stocked pantry and to feed my family well balanced meals.

I know that it is already the 3rd of the month, but I'm going to go ahead and include the meal plan for the past couple of days.

MEAL PLAN:

October 1:
Eat with in laws

October 2:
Leftovers, Sandwiches

October 3:
Spaghetti with Meatballs, Salad

October 4:
Function at Kids' School (meal provided)

October 5:
Leftovers, Sandwiches

October 6:
BBQ meal provided for husband's work

October 7:
Pork Tenderloin, Baked Potatoes, Steamed Veggies

Not much cooking will be going on this week, but I am NOT complaining about that. :)

Needs for the week are:

Milk
Potatoes
Fresh Fruit
Salad

How are you doing? Are you noticing a difference in the number of items you actually NEED each week?

No comments:

Post a Comment