Background

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Confusion at Albertsons

I just wanted to let all of you know that there is a bit of confusion going on at Albertsons concerning their coupon policy. It seems that a lot of stores are changing/updating their coupon policies, and I can't help but think it has to do with more and more people using coupons. A lot of new couponers see people on TV saving hundreds of dollars, and they get excited about the possibility of saving money themselves. That is great...I'm all for saving money, but only if you use coupons in the correct way.

That being said, please, please, please always read the fine print on coupons and use the coupons for the products that they were intended for...same BRAND, same SIZE indicated. Yes, sometimes the computers will scan and accept coupons even if you don't buy the specified product...but just because it is scanned and accepted does NOT mean that it is alright to use it. We really need to be conscientious of using coupons in an ethical way.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now...back to Albertsons :) It seems like there are changes happening in the coupon policy...only problem is that I can't find a copy of the coupon policy. Their policy has always stated that you can only double/triple up to 4 like coupons in a single transaction. I have never had a problem breaking up my shopping trip into different transactions to maximize double/triple coupons. I was told late last week that they will now only double/triple 4 like coupons a DAY. I asked the person about it, and he said it is in their coupon policy. I asked for him to point it out, and he said the coupon policy is at the customer service desk. I asked him for a copy of it, but he said that they don't give out copies to customers. He informed me that I could get a copy of it on their Facebook page...but I can't find it on their Facebook page.

I am sending in an email to their corporate office asking for a copy of their new policy, and as soon as I receive a response I will be sure to let all of you know what I find out.

You can really get a lot of great deals at Albertsons, and I am assuming that they are needing to make changes because of the increase in coupon shoppers. It might take a little time to sort everything out, but be patient and everything should clear up soon. As always, if you run into any problems while checking out...be kind, be patient, and remember that cashiers/managers are having to get used to any changes that are occurring as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment