Background

Monday, May 16, 2011

Top Deals at CVS this Week

I know that a lot of you are new to couponing and may be a bit overwhelmed by the drugstores. I thought I'd give you the top deals at the drugstores this week and walk you through how to get the most bang for your buck.

I will only be focusing on the deals that I think are the BEST.

It's a pretty slow week at CVS this week, so this will be a good time to get your feet wet there. Remember, in order to get any of these deals you MUST HAVE an Extra Care Card. If you don't have one, just sign up for one at the cash register.

Transaction #1:

2 Right Guard Deodorants $2.99 each

-use coupon for Buy one Right Guard product Get one FREE (found in 5/1 RedPlum insert)
Final Price: Pay $2.99 and receive a $2.00 Extra Care Buck

Transaction #2:
Buy 1 Speed Stick/Lady Speed Stick Deodorant $2.99

-use coupon for $0.50 off Speed Stick (found in 5/1 SmartSource insert)
-use $2.00 Extra Care Buck that you earned from Transaction #1
Final Price: $0.49 and receive an additional $2.00 Extra Care Buck

(Just a side note, when I did this deal I bought Lady Speed Stick. I've found that there seem to be more deals on men's deodorant and body wash than women's, so when I am given the option I try to buy women's.)

After both transactions you will have spent $3.49 on 3 sticks of deodorant and still have $2.00 left for your next trip to CVS. Remember these Extra Care Bucks expire about a month after they print, so hang onto them. I suggest using them next week to lower your out of pocket expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment