Background

Monday, May 9, 2011

Searching for Sunday Coupons

I just wanted to share a very frustrating situation that happened yesterday.

We were on our way to church, and I asked my husband to please stop at the gas station so I could pick up some newspapers.

I ran into the gas station and was happy to find a large stack of San Antonio newspapers. I picked up several and noticed on the front page of the newspaper that it said there were over $92.00 of coupon savings inside the newspaper. I decided to flip through the newspaper before buying it, to make sure the coupons were included.

I flipped through 12 different newspapers...NONE of them had the coupon inserts. I didn't have time to look through any more since we didn't want to be late to church.

I have had several people mention that they are having a hard time finding coupons in the newspapers, but it's been a while since I've been to the store to buy newspapers on Sunday, so I hadn't personally run into this problem.

PLEASE remember to flip through your newspapers before purchasing them, and PLEASE don't ever remove coupons out of newspapers that you are not purchasing.



Over the past year, I have been having coupon inserts mailed directly to my house so that I don't have to deal with searching for newspapers on Sunday mornings. (Our Sundays are very busy, and I didn't want to have the added pressure of driving around looking for newspapers added to our schedule). If you are getting frustrated finding newspapers with coupons, then this might be something you'd be interested in.

I get a large packet full of coupons mailed to my house every two weeks. The picture above shows the amount of inserts that are in a typical shipment. (You can choose to have them delivered less often...once a month. I've just found that for my family getting them every 2 weeks works best). Each packet costs $33.00, but it is filled with hundreds of dollars of coupons. There are enough coupons in each insert to easily split them with a family member or friend. Each packet contains multiples of the same insert...usually between 2 to 6 of each of the inserts from the previous month's newspapers, so you'll be able to get multiple coupons without having to purchase multiple newspapers.

I get my coupons from a company called American Consumer Services. I contacted Mr. Daniels (the owner) and asked him if it would be okay if I wrote a blog about his business...I wanted to make sure that if any of you were interested in receiving shipments that he would have enough coupon inserts in stock to accommodate new orders. He told me to let people know about it. To make things better, if you mention that you heard about his business through Lucrecia Wingfield's blog, he'll take $3.00 off your first order...so just $30.00 instead of the normal $33.00.

This is a smaller company, and he does not have a website. You can contact him at 1-866-790-5088 or email him at americanconsumer@comcast.net.

If any of you are getting frustrated finding good coupons in the newspapers, then this might be something you want to take advantage of. If you are new to coupon shopping, or have a smaller family you might want to consider going in with a family member or friends because you do get a lot of coupons, and it might be kind of overwhelming at first. :)

I know this isn't for everyone, but I wanted to let you guys know what works for me since I know there are more and more incidents where coupons are being removed from newspapers.

Let me know...have you had problems finding coupons in newspapers? Where do you think is the best place to find newspapers? Do you think stores should keep newspapers behind the counters to ensure people do not take the coupon inserts without paying for the newspaper?

No comments:

Post a Comment