Background

Friday, December 3, 2010

Proud Mom Moment

This post has nothing at all to do with saving money or coupons, but I still wanted to share it. I was going through my sons' backpacks after school today...sorting through papers, homework, lunches, etc. I came across an assignment that my middle son, Aaron, had at school, and I just had to share it with you.

The assignment was to write a very short story that began with this sentence...I went to the North Pole and saw a reindeer...

This is his story:

I went to the North Pole and saw a reindeer. The reindeer were asleep.

I saw Santa Claus. He said, "How am I going to deliver all the presents? It's already Christmas."

"It doesn't matter about the presents. It's about Jesus' birthday. Their parents might give them presents," I said. "Why don't you just think about Jesus this year!"

He said, "Yes."

That year Santa and the reindeer had the best Christmas ever. Santa learned a good thing.


When I read this story, I have to say I was just so proud of my little man!!

As a mom, there are so many things that we try to teach our children, and some days it is hard to know if the lessons we try to teach them are sinking in. Reading his story made me realize that he really is learning those lessons that we are trying to teach him.

We sometimes have to tell our kids the same thing a hundred different times before they get it, but don't give up...keep on teaching those lessons that are important to you. When they get it you'll have an amazing proud mom moment too!!

If you have a proud mom moment that you'd like to share, leave a comment below!! I know that we all love to brag on our kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment