Background

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Target Trip (November 16)

I made a very quick trip into Target today. I couldn't pass up the Stove Top for $0.04 a box, and I decided to pick up a few other things while I was there. I bought everything pictured below and spent...



$3.41, and saved over $28.00!

I bought:

2 boxes of Stove Top (on sale for $0.79 each)
-used coupon for $1.00 off 2 Stove Top (found here)
-AND used Target coupon for $0.50 off 2 Stove Top (found here)

6 cans of Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup (on sale for $0.50 each)
-used coupon for $1.00 off 4 Campbell's Great for Cooking Soups (found here)
-used coupon for $0.50 off 2 Campbell's Great for Cooking Soups (found in Save Big. Dream Big. Coupon Book)

2 blocks of Kraft Cheddar Cheese (on sale for $1.80 each)
-used Target coupon for $1.00 off 2 Kraft Cheese products (found here)
(Not the best deal, but my boys LOVE cheese!!)

4 boxes of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (on sale for $1.19 each)
-used coupon for $1.25 off 3 select Baking Goods (Nilla Wafers, Cream Cheese, Jell-O, Bakers) (found in Deliciously Simple Holiday Recipes coupon book)
-AND used Target coupon for $0.50 off 2 Philadelphia Cream Cheese (found here)

2 boxes of Jell-O (on sale for $0.49 each)
-used coupon for $1.25 off 3 select Baking Goods (combined with Philadelphia Cream Cheese that I bought above)
-AND used Target coupon for $0.50 off 2 Jell-O products (found here)

Air Wick Candle $2.99
-used coupon for $3.00 off one Air Wick Candle (found in 11/14 SmartSource insert)

Advil $3.49
-used coupon for FREE Advil product

Skintimate Shaving Gel $3.69
-used coupon for FREE Skintimate Shaving Gel

Final Price for everything was $3.41. The cashier was new, and she was trying to figure out how all the coupons were scanning. She was being trained by someone, so they were talking a lot with each other. I thought my total seemed a little low...I thought it should have been closer to $5.00, so I'm not sure if they double scanned a coupon or if I had figured my total wrong before hand.

To keep the total in perspective...I bought everything above for $3.41. If I had gone into Target and ONLY purchased the Skintimate with no coupons I would have spent more for it than for everything I purchased today. Coupons really do work if you learn how to combine them with sales!!

No comments:

Post a Comment