Background

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Have you checked your mail lately?

If you are like me, then you probably get quite a bit of junk mail every week. I used to throw everything that looked like junk mail away without ever looking at it, but since I've started using coupons I go through my mail pretty carefully. (You never know what might have a coupon on it. :) Over the last couple of days, I've received several pieces of mail that have GREAT coupons in them...thought I'd point them out in case some of you received the same things.

Martha Stewart Living December issue (I got a FREE year subscription to this several months ago...there are always different magazines available from different sites for FREE)
-in this magazine is a coupon for $5.00 off any $5.00 (or more) purchase from Hallmark.
(This is FREE money to spend at Hallmark...I'm sure I'll use it while Christmas shopping. Stores give these sorts of coupons hoping that you'll go in and spend a large amount, and then get $5.00 off...the key is to keep your total low and walk out with almost FREE items!)

Bath and Body Works Flyer
-coupon for FREE Signature Collection Travel Size Item of your choice (Up to $5.00 value)
NO OTHER PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. You can walk into a store and get a COMPLETELY free item.
-also a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase

Victoria's Secret Flyer
-coupon for FREE Cotton Hiphugger (up to $8.50 value)
NO OTHER PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. Again, this is a coupon for a completely FREE product!
-also a coupon for $10.00 off a purchase. (I can't see in the terms if it says that you have to have a minimum purchase amount to use this coupon. There are certain exclusions, so you'll need to check at the store.)

If you are on a tight budget this year for Christmas, you'll be surprised at how many items you can really get for FREE or just pennies...not just food/toiletry items...but things that can actually be used as gifts. If your husband isn't embarrassed to use coupons, I suggest giving him all of these coupons and letting him use them to shop for you. If he's not used to using coupons, point out the exclusions and expiration dates. I think it would be fun to see what sort of things my husband would come home with after rocking the coupons! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment