Background

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Not the Best HEB Trip (September 14)

I had several coupons that were getting close to expiring, so I decided to run into HEB and see if I could find any good deals. I bought several items that I normally wouldn't purchase (Go-Gurt and Toaster Strudels), but my older boys have been asking to have them in their school lunches so I decided to surprise them! I bought everything pictured below and spent...




$14.68, and I saved $41.01!

2 HEB Split Top Bread (Clearance priced at $0.50 each)

5 Kraft Shredded Cheese ($2.00 each)
-used coupon for $5.00 off 5 Kraft Cheese Items (found here)

5 Wolf Brand Chili ($1.30 each)
-used HEB coupon for FREE Chili when you buy Kraft Cheese

5 HEB Corn Chips ($2.00 each)
-used HEB coupon for FREE Corn Chips when you buy Kraft Cheese

4 Yoplait Go-Gurt ($2.26 each)
-used 2 coupons for $1.00 off 2 Go-Gurts (found in 9/12 General Mills Coupon insert))

4 Toaster Strudels ($1.88 each)
-used HEB coupon for FREE Toaster Strudels when you buy Go-Gurt

4 BumbleBee Tuna Pouches ($0.79 each)
-used 2 coupons for $1.00 off 2 Bumblee Tuna (found in home mailer)

2 Colgate Toothpaste ($0.99 each)
-used 2 coupons for $0.75 off (found in 8/29 SmartSource insert)

Today wasn't the best shopping trip to HEB, but I was still able to save around 74%! Without coupons or sales this would have cost over $55.00...well over my weekly grocery budget, but with the right sales/coupons you can really make your grocery budget stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment