Background

Thursday, August 26, 2010

What's In Your Freezer?

As you saw in the previous post, we do not have an upright freezer where everything is placed neatly and you can easily see what you have. That's definitely on my wish list, but I think I'll have to wait a few years for that! :) We have a chest freezer, and everything is stacked on top of each other. This makes for some frustration when I'm trying to find what items I have in the freezer.

Several weeks ago, I got so frustrated that I decided to clean out the freezer. I pulled everything out and tried to place like items next to like items when I put them back. (ie. all vegetables together, all meats together, all processed foods together) I also made a list of everything that was in the freezer.



I placed this list on our refrigerator, and now any time I take something out of the freezer I simply cross it off the list. Anytime I go shopping and purchase frozen food items I add them to the list. I can now tell at a glance what we have, and what we are running low on.

I don't know why I didn't think to do this sooner...might be because I have a hundred other things running through my mind on any given day. :) I thought that some of you might benefit from this as well. Besides keeping me organized, this also really helps when I am planning meals...anything that makes my life easier is definitely a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment