Background

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Walgreens Trip March 14, 2010

I just got back from a quick trip to Walgreens. My goal was to spend less than $5 and not buy anything unless I had a coupon for it. I started out my trip with no register rewards. I purchased everything seen below and spent...



$1.64. I also received a $4 register reward for my next trip to Walgreens. I'll walk you through exactly how I did my trip, so if you have some of the same coupons you'll be able to do it as well.

4 Ore Ida Microwave French Fries ($0.99)
$0.99 x 4= $3.96
minus 2 $1.50 off any two Ore Ida products (this was an online printable coupon) = $0.96 (or $0.24 each)

1 tube of Colgate Total Toothpaste ($3.99)
$3.99-$1.00 coupon found in the newspaper = $2.99
PLUS the deal generated a $4 register reward that I will be able to use on my next trip to Walgreens.

4 Reese's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups ($0.89)
I used an in ad coupon that took the price of these down to $0.49 each (If you use an in-ad coupon, you only have to have one coupon, no matter how many items you purchase, it will adjust the price of each one).
The new price was $0.49 x 4 = $1.96
minus 4 $0.55 coupons found in today's newspaper. This gave me overage of $0.24 that I could use to lower the cost of other items that I purchased.

6 Bic Highlighters ($2.99)
Again, I used an in ad coupon that took the price of these down to $0.49 each.
The new price was $0.49 x 6 =$2.94
minus 3 $1 off any 2 Bic stationary products found in the paper several weeks ago. This gave me overage of $0.06 to use to lower the cost of other items that I purchased.

2 Bottles of Excedrin Menstrual Relief 20 count. ($5.99 for both)
I used two $2 coupons that I found at www.excedrin.com a few weeks ago (I'm not sure if they are still available).
I also used 1 $2 coupon found in Walgreens March coupon book (this took off $4...$2 for each bottle). This gave me overage of $2.01 to use to lower the cost of other items that I purchased.

After all coupons and in store promotions, I saved $37.85. I spent $1.64, and if you factor in the $4 register rewards that I received, it is like I was being paid to take home all of these products.

Good luck shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment