Background

Thursday, September 8, 2011

ShoppingTrip for Weekly NEEDS

I went to the store this morning to pick up everything that I will NEED for my family's meals/snacks for the week. I bought everything pictured below and spent...

$18.82.

This isn't your regular, look how much I saved post because these were items that we needed for the week. I will now be able to take the remainder of our weekly grocery budget to stock up on items that are on sale this week.

Fresh produce can really take a chunk out of your grocery budget. I suggest looking through the ads and finding produce that is on sale. This might mean that some weeks you eat a lot of grapes and kiwi, and on other weeks you eat a lot of apples and oranges. When buying produce, focus on what is in season and what is on sale. I generally try to stick to buying produce that is under $0.99/lb.

Produce I purchased this week:

Roma Tomatoes $0.50/lb.
Iceberg Lettuce $0.50
Pears $0.77/lb.
Red Delicious Apples $0.99/lb.
Cantaloupe $0.97
Bananas $0.48/lb.

Do you have any advice on saving money when buying fresh produce?

No comments:

Post a Comment