Background

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wal-Mart Updated Coupon Policy

Wal-Mart recently updated their coupon policy...with some GREAT changes for us!! I would really encourage you to print off the new policy (found here) and keep it with your coupons. There have been several occasions when I have been told by cashiers that they would not accept certain coupons from me. When that happens, I pull out the coupon policy to show them what their store policy says about using coupons.

Some of my favorite changes to the policy:

NO limit on coupons per transaction.

If coupon value exceeds the price of the item, the excess may be given to the customer as cash or applied toward the basket purchase. (This means OVERAGE, and not just overage. If I went in the store and picked up a $1.00 product and I had a $2.00 coupon for it they are supposed to give me the $1.00 difference in cash back...if I didn't have any other purchases that would absorb the $1.00)

Can now use Catalina coupons that print from other stores. This does NOT include Register Rewards...but it does include the catalina coupons we sometimes receive at HEB or Albertsons for a dollar amount off a specific item. Example...I have a $0.75 off Tyson Anytizers that printed for me at HEB (has HEB logo on it), can now use it at Wal-Mart...there is fine print related to this, so be sure to read the new policy.

They will accept competitors' coupons for a specific item for a specific price

What do you think of this new policy? I went to Wal-Mart today and was able to get overage on several items with no problem at all...it was just a few cents here and there, but it helped lower my overall cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment