Background

Monday, February 14, 2011

HEB--Hidden Deal

UPDATE: I just looked at my receipt from HEB. Instead of taking off $0.94 for the FREE lettuce, the register automatically took off $3.88...the price of the Kraft Parmesan Cheese. I did the deal twice, and my receipt shows that the coupon for FREE lettuce took off the full amount for the Parmesan Cheese. I was able to get everything pictured below for $0.94...the price of the head of lettuce. I'm not sure if this was a fluke or not, but it is definitely something to watch for. The cashier did not manually enter the amount; the coupon went through and automatically took the $3.88 off. This is an AMAZING deal, so if you are interested I'd definitely run by HEB. I'm not sure if all the coupons will ring up this way, but in my opinion it's definitely worth checking out!


I came across a deal at HEB today that I thought you guys might be interested in. This week HEB has a deal where if you buy Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese you get HEB Fully Cooked Meatballs FREE. That is a pretty good deal in itself, but it gets a lot better.

At the back of the store, there is a large refrigerated case filled with the Meatballs and Parmesan Cheese. Taped on the case are extra coupons that will make this deal even better.

-Coupon for FREE Philadelphia Cream Cheese wyb Parmesan Cheese

-Coupon for FREE Lettuce (up to $1.50) wyb Parmesan Cheese

So the deal looks like this:

BUY:
Kraft Parmesan Cheese ($3.88)
GET FREE:
HEB Fully Cooked Meatballs (using yellow in store coupon)
Philadelphia Cream Cheese (using manufacturer's coupon taped to refrigerated case)
Iceberg Lettuce (using manufacturer's coupon taped to refrigerated case)
Final Cost: $3.88 for all 4 items...savings of $6.40

4 comments:

  1. The coupon for the FREE cream cheese actually expired 1/31/11. I did the same deal on Saturday in San Angelo and HEB never noticed the date and neither did I but the coupon is already expired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in San Angelo too. I talked to the manager of HEB several months ago about using coupons at our local HEB. He said that the lady that is in charge of putting out all the coupons will occasionally leave out expired coupons that they don't mind us still using. This came straight from him, so I didn't hesitate to use the Cream Cheese coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me say that I would never encourage someone to use expired coupons in a normal situation, but since he specifically told me that they will sometimes leave up those coupons for people to use I didn't hesitate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thanks for the info! I guess I will head to HEB and do the deal again!

    ReplyDelete