Background

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

HEB Update

A little earlier today I printed off the GREAT $5.00 off 5 Kraft Cheese coupon that I just posted about. I wanted to take it up to HEB to see if it would work with one of their Combo Locos this week.

BUY:
Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese
GET FREE:
HEB Corn Chips
Wolf Brand No Bean Chili

I got to HEB and was surprised to find that the cheese was price cut to $2.00. I picked up 5 packages of cheese, corn chips, and chili and went to check out.

I handed the cashier all of the yellow store coupons first, and then the $5.00 off of 5 Kraft Cheese coupon. Wouldn't you know that the coupon would not scan. The cashier tried to tell me that they no longer accepted internet coupons. I smiled and said that they did. He then told me that they couldn't accept internet coupons if they did not scan. I smiled again and said that they did...as long as it is a valid coupon with a barcode, expiration date, and mail/in information he should be able to manually enter in the amount. I pulled out an email that I received from the supervisor of our local HEB that said just that. He still did not want to accept the coupon. I pulled out one of the bags of cheese that had a peelie on the front that said save $5.00 off of 5 Kraft Cheese products (on the inside it had the website where you could go to print off the coupon). He called someone else over (a manager maybe?), and he finally manually entered it.

I walked out of the store with 5 bags of Kraft Cheese, 5 cans of Chili, and 5 bags of Corn Chips for $5.00 (around $0.33 per item)!! If you try this at HEB you will most likely be told that you cannot use the coupon, but if you remain calm, polite, and hold your ground they should take your coupon off...but it is not for the faint of heart. :)

If you don't want to deal with the hassle over this coupon, you might want to use the coupon for $1.00 off 2 Kraft Cheese found here. (I did not try this coupon to see if it would scan, but it is a coupon from coupons.com and the coupons from there usually scan!) If you bought two of the combo locos, you'd pay $3.00 (around $0.50 per item), still an awesome deal!!

I see frito pie, chili dogs, and chili cheese dip in my future! :)

2 comments:

  1. Lucrecia, did the $5 off 5 cheese "internet" coupon from Coupons.com not scan? I'm so sleepy this morning ...

    If it didn't scan, I won't be able to use it around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the same HEB in San Angelo....and had a big hassle with the cashier and the mgr on duty and I was told to bring such letter. They doubted anything existed soooo is there any way I can get a copy of the letter so that I can whip it out too? Ha!

    ReplyDelete