Background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Albertsons Trip (April 22)

I had a GREAT trip to Albertsons this morning. You know, it's funny how your view of stores changes when you start really learning how coupons work. I used to NEVER shop at Albertsons, I thought it was way over priced and stuck to shopping mostly at Wal-Mart. Since I've learned how to shop with coupons (and since Albertsons has started doubling and tripling coupons), I do the majority of my grocery shopping there. They are so coupon friendly...and the manager and cashiers that I've talked to are so nice!! If you are used to only shopping at one main store, I challenge you to branch out and see how much more you can save at other stores. My trip today might change your mind about shopping at Albertsons. I bought everything pictured below, and spent...



$0.83!! Eighty three cents...woo hoo!! Oh, and I left the store with $4 in Catalina Coupons (coupons good on anything at Albertsons that I can use on my next trip!!)

Here's how I did it (and how you can do it too if you have the right coupons):

3 boxes of Ziploc Storage Bags (regularly priced at $3.39...on sale for $1.00)
-I found a cart full of Ziploc products (the boxes all had Christmas pictures on them), but there was no price on them...I talked to someone in customer service, and she said she'd give them to me for $1.00 each...not sure if these will be out much longer...they may pull them.
-used 3 coupons for $0.40 off any Ziploc product (these were all doubled)
Final Cost: $0.60 (or $0.20 each), and this also triggered a $2.00 Catalina to print at check out

4 boxes of Totino's Pizza Rolls (regularly priced at $1.99...on sale for $1.00)
-used 4 coupons for $0.35 off any Totino's pizza rolls (these were all tripled)
Final Cost: FREE!!

3 bottles of Sun Laundry Detergent (regularly priced at $2.39...on sale for $1.69)
-used 3 coupons for $0.50 off any Sun Laundry Detergent (these were all doubled)
Final Cost: $2.07 (or $0.69 each)

4 Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits (regularly priced at $2.19...on sale for $0.99)

-used 2 coupons for $0.30 off any two Grands! Biscuits (these were both tripled)
Final Cost: $2.16 (or $0.54 each), and this triggered a $2.00 Catalina to print at check out.

4 packages of Mission Flour Tortillas (regularly priced at $1.79...on sale for $1.00)
-used 2 coupons for $1.50 off any two Mission products (these were taped to the Mission tortillas at Albertsons...I also saw some taped to bags of Mission chips)
Final Cost: $1.00 (or $0.25 each)

I also used a $5.00 Register Reward that I had from Walgreens. This scanned with absolutely no beeps...I've found that register rewards are a lot easier to use at Albertsons than the extra care bucks...the cashier just scans it and it automatically deducts the whole amount!!

I paid a total of $0.83...and saved $33.22!! That's a savings of 99%!!! And I still have $4.00 in Catalinas that will help on my next shopping trip.

Before I started using coupons, I would not have thought a second about buying a box of Totino's pizza rolls for $1.00...today I was able to buy several bags of food/household supplies for less than the cost of one box...You can do it too!!

1 comment:

  1. I am such a blonde and I don't do math, but how do you figure your savings cost?

    ReplyDelete