Background

Thursday, November 17, 2011

HEB--A couple scenarios for $0.50 lunch meat

Yesterday a reader left a comment on my post about the misprint in HEB's ad about the $1.00 lunchmeat. She said that there was a $2.00 HEB coupon for John Morrell Off the Bone Sandwich Meat...making each container just $0.50 after coupon.

I looked on a few discussion boards, and saw that this was mentioned by several people, so I decided to make a trip to HEB this morning to see if I could find this deal.

I walked all over HEB and couldn't find the coupon at all. I am guessing that this is a regional coupon and not available at all HEB stores.

If you live in San Angelo, it looks like we are out of luck on this deal, but for those of you who live in other areas be sure to keep your eyes peeled for this coupon. I would definitely check on the lunchmeat aisle and also on the big board of coupons at the front of most HEB stores.

If you find this deal, then STOCK UP...$0.50 is a GREAT price. I always throw lunch meat into our freezer, and I never have any problems with it.

Now, for those of you in San Angelo, my trip to HEB wasn't all in vain. I did find a large stack of Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Lunchmeat reduced to $1.50 because of a short sell by date. I picked several up...combined with the $1.00 off HEB store coupon, I was able to snag them for $0.50 each. I'm not sure how long they will last at the store, but if you are at HEB be sure to swing by and see if you spot any at that price.

Always be on the look out for the bright orange stickers...and don't forget to combine those prices with coupons for rock bottom prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment